Highlights of this tour include:
- Palermo, the bustling and exciting regional capital of Sicily.
- Monreale, a town not far from Palermo, situated on the slope of Monte Caputo, with Arab-Norman influences.
- Segesta, home to the most unique Greek temple in Sicily and the old Acropolis.
- Erice, the birthplace of Venus and a wonderfully preserved Medieval town perched so high above sea level that it often touches the clouds.
- Agrigento, one of the classical world’s most famous cities.
- Ragusa, a charming Baroque town with two distinct areas, the lower and older town of Ragusa Ibla, and the Superiore (Upper Town). The two halves are separated by the Valle dei Ponti, a deep ravine crossed by four bridges.
- Modica, one of the most interesting Baroque towns in Sicily, famous for its traditional chocolate production originating from ancient Aztec recipes.
- Noto, a UNESCO World Heritage site located at the foot of the Iblean Mountains.
- Syracuse, a city noted for its rich Greek history, culture, amphitheaters, architecture, and as the birthplace of the preeminent mathematician and engineer Archimedes.
- Mount Etna, towering above Catania, Sicily's second largest city, has one of the world's longest documented records of historical volcanism, dating back to 1500 BC. Historical lava flows cover much of the surface of this massive volcano, which makes it the highest and most voluminous in Italy. Ever since ancient times, the volcano seems to have been in near-constant activity. It is considered, after Kilauea on Hawaii, the second most active volcano on earth though it rarely poses a threat to inhabited areas.
- Taormina, an idyllic and popular resort town perched high above the sea, with a maze of medieval streets and panoramic views.
Popular activities include:
- Tours of historic sites such as the Duomo in Cefalù, Monreale and Ragusa, among many others.
- Visiting ancient ruins such as Selinunte.
- Shopping at a mix of shops from upscale luxury stores to small local boutiques and street vendors.
- Every NicheItaly tour includes delectable food, incredible wine and great company from our friendly and knowledgeable hosts. We like to say that our guests become part of the NicheItaly family!